Temp Install Pics?

Post pictures of Traqmates in your race car, street car, bike, or boat.

Moderators: Track Systems, Andre' Surles

deputydog95
Pedal Cars

Temp Install Pics?

Postby deputydog95 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:37 pm

I'd like to see some ideas for some temp install pics.

I have an 07 GT3. It's still too pretty to be cutting it up and bolting things in :)

I have a traqmate/chase cam full setup I got from a racing buddy. I definitely want to start using it, but don't want to permanently mount it in the car at this point. I ran homestead a couple weeks ago and Sebring this past weekend and was bummed I hadn't found a way to get it in the car yet.

So I'm looking for suggestions on how to put it in the car for track days. Where to put what, etc.. And how do you keep it from flying around the car and so forth?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to the data world.

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Re: Temp Install Pics?

Postby Andre' Surles » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:45 am

deputydog95 wrote:I'd like to see some ideas for some temp install pics.

I have an 07 GT3. It's still too pretty to be cutting it up and bolting things in :)

I have a traqmate/chase cam full setup I got from a racing buddy. I definitely want to start using it, but don't want to permanently mount it in the car at this point. I ran homestead a couple weeks ago and Sebring this past weekend and was bummed I hadn't found a way to get it in the car yet.

So I'm looking for suggestions on how to put it in the car for track days. Where to put what, etc.. And how do you keep it from flying around the car and so forth?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to the data world.

Main thing you need to do is focus on getting the Sensor Unit mounted securely. Some carpets are actually friendly with velcro and it can be attached that way. If not you can pull the carpet back. If that is too much, you could search for some flat and level area for attachment. It certainly doesn't have to be permanent, just secure. Another option would be to place the unit inside a plastic tool box or tray and wedge that behind the seat or somewhere that it would lock into place.

If none of the above works, you can take out the center console and run it that way (pretend its a race car for a day... you're saving weight ;) Hopefully something will work out in that area. In theory you could also mount it in the 'trunk', though the data wouldn't be as exact as a central mounting location. Still good data though.

As far as the display goes, many people just use Velcro, goo gone will remove any residue. Cell phone mounts work as well. If lap times are important but you want the data you can just set it up to collect data on the display and stick it in pocket/cubby or between the seat & the center console out of the way.

Some others users may chime in here too. Remember, keep it simple. The Sensor Unit only needs to be mounted level and facing forward.

As far as the chase cam goes, mounting it shouldn't be too much trouble either. The camera is the hardest part, if you have a harness bar that would be ideal.

Thanks
Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Return to “Team Traqmate in Action”