Shift I

Hardware installation, software, general questions, use, mounting, feedback, etc...

Moderators: Track Systems, Andre' Surles

Nick
Club Racing

Shift I

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:17 pm

I have the rpm set up in the Traqmate system using a feed off the ECU from an ignition source as described in some of my earlier postings. Will this same feed work with the Shift I lights? Can I just T off that wire and run both the Shift Lights and the Traqmate?

Finally, does the Shift Light display have a mounting system which will allow me to put it on the dash in my line of sight?

Thanks

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Re: Shift I

Postby Andre' Surles » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 am

Nick wrote:I have the rpm set up in the Traqmate system using a feed off the ECU from an ignition source as described in some of my earlier postings. Will this same feed work with the Shift I lights? Can I just T off that wire and run both the Shift Lights and the Traqmate?

Finally, does the Shift Light display have a mounting system which will allow me to put it on the dash in my line of sight?

Thanks

As long as the shift-i is grounded that tach feed should work, just follow the instructions for hooking it up that the shift-i included. As far as mounting goes, I will assume you have the flat version. Some people mount it on top of the display unit, if that works just use double stick tape. If you want it elsewhere you can make a bracket of some kind out of metal and attach that to your dash. The shift I is pretty light so you can attach it to almost anything with some good double stick, the red kind you get at home desperate or lowes is serious stuff. Hope that helps.
Thanks
Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Return to “Traqmate Support”