Traqview Video

Hardware installation, software, general questions, use, mounting, feedback, etc...

Moderators: Track Systems, Andre' Surles

Nick
Club Racing

Traqview Video

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Guys,

It looks like I screwed up when I bought a ChaseCam because I didn't realize that the CD that came with it was any differant than the normal Traqview program and now I find I do not have Traqview Video, just Traqview and I of course can't get the vid to play from within that program.

I have no idea what I did with the CD, so is there any way you all could send me another copy?

Thanks.

Nick

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:29 pm

Please call us at 877-289-0312 and we will sort it out.
Data Made Easy

Nick
Club Racing

As Promised

Postby Nick » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:52 pm

here is what I sent to ChaseCam:

I used the PDR1000 for the first time last weekend, and I had a very difficult time finding a place to put the box. My car has a stock interior and I have no desire to drill holes for a mount, so the only place I could put it was in the pocket behind the right seat.

This leads to a problem in that it is very difficult to turn it on, then get it back in the pocket without disconnecting something or hitting the record button. ( I'm using it with a Traqmate to start the recording) and, as I found out, if you hit the record button on the box, the Traqmate then stops the recording when it starts and vice versa.

I see two possible solutions:

1) If you could make the box thinner by eliminating the battery holder below the CF card then it would easliy fit in a slot in front of my shift lever and I could turn it on and off as necessary and see what it's status is with a glance. You could make some sort of remote battery box if anyone needs that. I plug mine into the car.

2) You could make a separate On/Off switch and record button, and also make the record button much less sensitive so that it cannot be inadvertantly pushed.

Also, I had a problem with the power cord connection coming out of the back of the unit with very little effort. I finally took some Velcro straps and wrapped them around the box to hold the power cord in postion.

I Velcro the cam to my helmet and it works well there.

Thanks.

Nick

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:39 am

Our upcoming ChaseCam 4-wire interface will allow you to remote mount the PDR and the Traqmate will have full control. Hang in there!

Existing systems will be upgradeable.
Data Made Easy

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:40 am

Our upcoming ChaseCam 4-wire interface will allow you to remote mount the PDR and the Traqmate will have full control. Hang in there!

Existing systems will be upgradeable.
Data Made Easy

Nick
Club Racing

4 wire interface

Postby Nick » Mon May 19, 2008 6:11 pm

any news yet on this??

Thanks

Nick

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Tue May 20, 2008 8:18 am

Fully operational for Basic and Complete. Expected release next week.
Data Made Easy

i_anderson
Semi-Pro

Postby i_anderson » Tue May 20, 2008 11:00 am

Track Systems wrote:..... Expected release next week.

Hate it when you say that! :-)

[Murohy says that now you've put it writing you will turn up a bizarre, show stopping bug....]

But, I do hope not.....

Cheers,
Ian

i_anderson
Semi-Pro

Postby i_anderson » Tue May 20, 2008 11:01 am

i_anderson wrote:
Track Systems wrote:..... Expected release next week.

Hate it when you say that! :-)

[Murphy says that now you've put it writing you will turn up a bizarre, show stopping bug....]

But, I do hope not.....

Cheers,
Ian

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Tue May 20, 2008 11:08 am

Yeah, I should know better!
Data Made Easy

rabjohns
Pedal Cars

Postby rabjohns » Tue May 27, 2008 9:35 pm

Is it next week yet?
04 GT3 Silver #121

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Wed May 28, 2008 8:43 am

Nope. Next week is next week. Betas have been very successful in the field but we decided to give it a good workout at Road Atlanta this weekend before releasing.

The User Manual is being written right now. See the feature list under Announcements or on our Home Page.
Data Made Easy

Nick
Club Racing

TraqStudio update

Postby Nick » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:20 pm

Glenn, I ordered the TraqStudio update two days ago, and according to the site I was supposed to get an email back in a couple of hours with the link to dnld it. I have not received anything yet, so I went back to the store site to check and I see that I needed to put the TV Video info in the comment box when I ordered.

Naturally, I didn't see that yesterday so can I give it to you now somehow? I'd like to get it ASAP since I updated to 2.10 and now TV Video doesn't work at all so I guess I need TraqStudio.

Thanks.

Nick

Since I sent this, I have rcvd an email saying the charge went thru, but still no link to dnld the program.

N

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Are you Nick G? If so, your TraqStudio authorization was sent to a bellsouth.net address yesterday evening. Your cable will go out tomorrow. If you are yet another Nick, call us at 877-289-0312.
Data Made Easy

Nick
Club Racing

Gear display

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:45 pm

first, I finally did get the TrackStudio email after talking with Ron, I"m not sure why I didn't get the first one, but I have it now, and the program is working just fine.

My question is about the gear display in TS. If I put all the gear ratios in the display works fine, but only for the video session I happen to have open at that time. If I switch to another run I have to input all the ratios again for it to work. Is there any way to save the data for that particular car and have it come up whenever I call up a video or data session for it?

Finally, a minor thing, but if I put the tire circumference in manually it will not take it, but if I put the tire size in and let it calculate the cir it works fine.

Thanks.

Nick G.

Return to “Traqmate Support”