Tach Feed - OBD Port - Porche Turbo 02'

Installation notes, Data Inputs, Tach Hook up and Software Tips
Nick
Club Racing

Tach feed

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:07 am

Does anyone know which pin on the ODB port is the tach feed for an 02 Porsche Turbo?

Or some other easily accessable wire where I could get the feed?

Thanks

Nick

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:23 pm

I do not think there is a tach pin on the OBD port. The tach information is encoded in a data stream on OBD. To get a tach signal you should go to either the ECU, the existing tach, or tap onto a fuel injector or coil-on-plug signal.
Data Made Easy

Nick
Club Racing

Tach

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:57 am

thanks for the info. not what i'd hoped, but ...

You don't happen to know of an easily accessible wire that would give me the tach data, do you?

Thanks.

Nick

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:54 am

Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to work on a Porsche Turbo although I did have the pleasure of driving one once! Every car is different so all I can offer is general advice. You can try posting in the Support Forum and maybe one of our Porsche customers can answer your question.
Data Made Easy

Nick
Club Racing

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:44 am

Thanks again. I did finally figure out how to do it with the help of Suncoast Motorsports. You can use wire 41 from connector C of the brain, then, after some fiddling, I set the no of cylinders to one, which finally gave the correct RPM on the DU. This works because the wire refered to is from the FI and I guess it all makes sense.

Thanks again.
Nick

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Tach Feed - OBD Port - Porche Turbo 02'

Postby Andre' Surles » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:32 am

With the help of Suncoast Motorsports. You can use wire 41 from connector C of the brain, then, after some fiddling, I set the no of cylinders to one, which gave the correct RPM on the DU.
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Crishe
Soapbox Derby

Re: Tach feed

Postby Crishe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 am

As of I know ..

Pin 9 goes to the engine speed signal which is the blackk/violet on the 14 pin connector
Pin 10 - not used
Pin 11 connects to the knock control signal which is the yellow wire (terminal 50 on the DME)
Pin 12 - not used
Pin 13 - not used
Pin 14 - not used
Pin 15 connects to the L diagnostic wire which is orange/black and originates from terminal 13 on the DME
Pin 16 - constant hot from teh DME relay.

fgaston
Soapbox Derby

Re: Tach Feed - OBD Port - Porche Turbo 02'

Postby fgaston » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Andre: do you know of a way to hook right into the OBDII port with some kind of adapter instead of tapping the wiring at the ECU? Thanks, Fred

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Re: Tach Feed - OBD Port - Porche Turbo 02'

Postby Andre' Surles » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 pm

fgaston wrote:Andre: do you know of a way to hook right into the OBDII port with some kind of adapter instead of tapping the wiring at the ECU? Thanks, Fred

Sorry I do not know of a way to do this, I would recommend contacting Suncoast Motorsports directly as they provided the original information and are familiar with the setup.

http://www.suncoastmotorsports.com/Index.aspx

Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Return to “Traqmate Usage Tips & Application Notes”