Traqmate GoPro Camera Interface Troubleshooting Guide

This forum is specifically for people having problems viewing video in TraqStudio. Other TraqStudio issues are handled in the Traqmate Support Forum.
Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Traqmate GoPro Camera Interface Troubleshooting Guide

Postby Track Systems » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 am

If you are having problems getting your GoPro HERO 1080 or HERO2 camera to work with Traqmate, please follow this guide.

1. Verify newest version of firmware on your Sensor Unit, Classic Display Unit, and/or TraqDash. You can get the latest software and firmware here.
http://forum.traqmate.com/viewforum.php?f=17

Make sure your GoPro has the correct firmware as well, V124. You can check this by looking in the MISC folder on the SD card of the GoPro. Please follow these steps to get your GoPro sorted.
http://forum.traqmate.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18274

2. Determine if GoPro camera is in one button mode.
Disconnect GoPro camera from cable.
Press and release Mode button (on front of camera). It should go into record mode.
Press and hold Mode button. It should stop recording.
If this does not happen, refer to instructions for upgrading camera firmware and setting for One Button Mode.
This instruction sheet came with the GoPro camera interface. It is also available here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/116759/Instruct ... double.pdf

3. If camera is working, disconnect GoPro interface cable from Traqmate. Turn off camera and plug cable into camera. Nothing should happen.
If camera starts recording or turns on the cable is bad. Contact Traqmate for replacement.

4. With Traqmate off, plug GoPro interface cable into TraqData Pro or TraqSync cable. Nothing should happen.
If camera starts recording or turns on the TraqData Pro module or TraqSync cable is bad.
Contact Traqmate for replacement.
Return TraqData Pro or TraqSync AND GoPro interface cable for testing / replacement.

5. With Traqmate off and camera off, plug everything together.
IMPORTANT: SCREW IN TERMINALS on DB-15 or TRAQSYNC PRO CABLE - If not, the pins will not make connection.
Turn on Traqmate.

5a. If TraqDash.
Select GoPro HD 1080 camera.
Hit back button and allow unit to power off if prompted.
Power up and off again.
Power up and you should see a camera icon with green check mark.
Start recording on TraqDash. (Go Racing / Laps)
Camera should start. If it does not review previous steps and then contact Traqmate Customer Service.
Hit red Back button to stop recording on TraqDash.
Camera should stop.
SUCCESS.

5b. If Traqmate Basic or Traqmate Classic Complete
Wait for 10 seconds.
Power off Traqmate and on again.
Power off Traqmate and on again.
If Traqmate Classic, you should see a solid camera icon on display.
Start recording on Traqmate.
Camera should start. If it does not review previous steps and then contact Traqmate Customer Service.
Stop recording on Traqmate.
Camera should stop.
SUCCESS.
Data Made Easy

mkk62
Soapbox Derby

Re: Traqmate GoPro Camera Interface Troubleshooting Guide

Postby mkk62 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:42 pm

i have go pro and traqmate basic working together however when I hit record on the traqmate it starts recording video right away rather than waiting for traqmate to find start finish....in other words traqmate says looking for start finish but gopro starts recording immediately before start finish making it difficult to sync video with data...any suggestions?

thanks

mike

Track Systems
Team Traqmate

Postby Track Systems » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Your system is working correctly. The video recording starts when the data recording starts - not at the start/finish line. When you open the data and video in TraqStudio, it cues both data and video to the start/finish line automatically.
Data Made Easy

DCP
Pedal Cars

Postby DCP » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:20 pm

I have been through this list with my Traqdash. Everything seems to be correct, but the Traqdash never starts the camera. Suggestions please?

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:05 am

DCP wrote:I have been through this list with my Traqdash. Everything seems to be correct, but the Traqdash never starts the camera. Suggestions please?

DCP,
This just showed up in the forum as unanswered. We apologize for the delay as you may have already sorted this issue.

On the TraqDash you should see a camera icon with a check mark on the top right.

You can try it out using GPS simulation mode under settings/time. Then just go into race mode and it should trigger the camera without GPS which makes it easier for testing.

If you have the camera setup correctly and it starts recording video on its own as soon as you turn it on manually then the camera works. Basically it is set to 'auto on'

If you aren't getting a camera icon with a check mark or the camera does not function and all the above criteria has been meet then you may need to have the unit serviced and possible replace the GoPro Connection cable.

http://store.traqmate.com/TraqDash-Repa ... 990001.htm

Thanks
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

por944s2
Go Carts

Postby por944s2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 pm

I'm have 2 -Hero2's with TM Complete, and the cameras don't turn off. They turn on ok, but unless you end the session by pressing the back button, they will continue to record and still do so even doing this does not guarantee they turn off. What am I missing?

Return to “Video Support”