Tasty Video conversion tip! Contour HD 1080P

This forum is specifically for people having problems viewing video in TraqStudio. Other TraqStudio issues are handled in the Traqmate Support Forum.
Axis
Club Racing

Tasty Video conversion tip! Contour HD 1080P

Postby Axis » Mon May 10, 2010 5:19 am

Simply changing the suffix of the raw files from .MOV to .avi will allow Traqstudio to access them without conversion.

Now someone tell me why I see 4 different dash options in preview but can only use 2 when actually outputting the clip?

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Re: Tasty Video conversion tip! Contour HD 1080P

Postby Andre' Surles » Mon May 10, 2010 9:41 am

Axis wrote:Simply changing the suffix of the raw files from .MOV to .avi will allow Traqstudio to access them without conversion.

Now someone tell me why I see 4 different dash options in preview but can only use 2 when actually outputting the clip?

Nice Andrea! Thanks for posting.

Due to the release time constraints we had to cut the 'race' and 'classic' dash out of the write. They are essentially separate programs and each requires its own set of graphics and chunk programing time.

Thanks
Andre'
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Axis
Club Racing

Postby Axis » Mon May 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Andre' Surles wrote:
Axis wrote:Simply changing the suffix of the raw files from .MOV to .avi will allow Traqstudio to access them without conversion.

Nice Andrea! Thanks for posting.

Due to the release time constraints we had to cut the 'race' and 'classic' dash out of the write. They are essentially separate programs and each requires its own set of graphics and chunk programing time.

Thanks
Andre'

Cruel TEASE!! :D

http://vimeo.com/11616322

heavychevy
Club Racing

Postby heavychevy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:36 pm

For the unedumacated, how do you get to the raw files to change them? Through Easy Edit?

NM, I figured it out.

mrobison
Soapbox Derby

Postby mrobison » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:32 pm

I tried the change suffix maneuver and still was answered with the following:

"Cannot open input file AvWrite Returned: Stream has unsupported codec type2 ISO: File Type Major Brand:qt"

Any other measures to be taken?

mrobison
Soapbox Derby

Postby mrobison » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Changing the suffix did not work in my case. When I started to write the video to sync with TraqMate data a dialogue box came up with the following text.

"Cannot open input file AvWrite Returned: Stream has unsupported codec type 2 ISO: File Type Major Brand: qt"

When I tried exporting to MPEG4 or AVI from Quicktime Pro, the video quality degraded significantly. The same occurred when editing with Moviemaker, unless I specified 16:9 aspect ratio, but then the proportions were distorted. I was able to create a 4:3 video using the Contour file in Moviemaker and synchronizing with TraqStudio, but the video quality was nowhere near the quality of the source video from the Contour+ camera.

Any other recommendations?

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:57 am

mrobison wrote:Changing the suffix did not work in my case. When I started to write the video to sync with TraqMate data a dialogue box came up with the following text.

"Cannot open input file AvWrite Returned: Stream has unsupported codec type 2 ISO: File Type Major Brand: qt"

When I tried exporting to MPEG4 or AVI from Quicktime Pro, the video quality degraded significantly. The same occurred when editing with Moviemaker, unless I specified 16:9 aspect ratio, but then the proportions were distorted. I was able to create a 4:3 video using the Contour file in Moviemaker and synchronizing with TraqStudio, but the video quality was nowhere near the quality of the source video from the Contour+ camera.

Any other recommendations?

The Contour appears to work with .mov files that are native to mac but many users have reported issues with playback on windows machines due to the non standard h.264 created by the camera. This has nothing to do with the Traqmate but it obviously effects the playback.
I have personally never used a Contour or tried the trick mentioned at the top of the post, I know that Andrea of Axis of Oversteer has had good luck with his and has created many traqmate videos using the camera.

I would consider trying this product to convert the video if all else fails.
http://www.aiseesoft.com/total-video-converter.html

I would also consider uninstalling everything that TraqStudio installs and starting fresh just in case there is a codec issue or a conflicting program (such as a video editor)

Hope this helps, perhaps Andrea will post up something as well.

Thanks
Team Traqmate

gavind
Soapbox Derby

Postby gavind » Wed May 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi Guys, do you prefer working with MKV files or still MP4?

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Thu May 16, 2013 4:26 pm

gavind wrote:Hi Guys, do you prefer working with MKV files or still MP4?

MP4 is preferred and supported by our software.
Thanks
Team Traqmate

Return to “Video Support”