Error opening media file

This forum is specifically for people having problems viewing video in TraqStudio. Other TraqStudio issues are handled in the Traqmate Support Forum.
Swarf
Soapbox Derby
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am

Error opening media file

Postby Swarf » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Error: Error opening media file

Has anybody seen this error? I just upgraded to TraqStudio Version 3.00, and don't recall having problems with mp4 files previously, using GoPro HD Hero2 native format.
Cheers,
Chuck
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (55.12 KiB) Viewed 4131 times

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Error opening media file

Postby Andre' Surles » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:23 am

Swarf wrote:Error: Error opening media file

Has anybody seen this error? I just upgraded to TraqStudio Version 3.00, and don't recall having problems with mp4 files previously, using GoPro HD Hero2 native format.
Cheers,
Chuck


It looks like a video codec error. My first suggestion would be to uninstall everything.

Go to control panel and uninstall TraqStudio, FFD Show, Haali Media Splitter and all Divx components.

Restart and reinstall, carefully following the on screen prompts. Also do NOT upgrade the Divx software after the install is complete.

Let us know how it works out.
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Swarf
Soapbox Derby
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Error opening media file

Postby Swarf » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:17 am

Andre' Surles wrote:Let us know how it works out.
Team Traqmate
Andre,
All is well, thank you.

Uninstalled Traqstudio
Uninstalled DivX codec
Uninstalled DivX DirectShow Filters

Control Panel "Uninstall or change a program" applet (Win7) did not have listing for FFD Show or Haali Media Splitter.

Hard Rebooted.

Installed Traqstudio 3.00
"A newer version of the video codec, ffdshow, was found. Installation skipped."
"A newer version of Haali Media Splitter is already installed. Do you still want to continue." Chose "Yes" button.
"A newer version of DivX is available..." Chose "No thanks, I'd like to install this older version".

Video opened up fine, and I was able to write a video with data overlay.
Cheers,
Chuck

Swarf
Soapbox Derby
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Error opening media file

Postby Swarf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 am

Thank you Andre, I was able to open and write a video. One remaining problem, the overlay dash is not displaying numerical values for gear, RPM or MPH. The analog needles are working. When I play the video using Traqstudio (before clicking the "Write Video" button) the gear, RPM and MPH info is missing from the dash unless I choose "Classic Dash", then it displays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPNJx7c1Mg&feature=plcp

Here is a previous video I created that doesn't have that problem, but I think I used a different computer. Any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHwBy0Q67I&feature=plcp

Thanks,
Chuck

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Error opening media file

Postby Andre' Surles » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 am

Swarf wrote:Thank you Andre, I was able to open and write a video. One remaining problem, the overlay dash is not displaying numerical values for gear, RPM or MPH. The analog needles are working. When I play the video using Traqstudio (before clicking the "Write Video" button) the gear, RPM and MPH info is missing from the dash unless I choose "Classic Dash", then it displays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPNJx7c1Mg&feature=plcp

Here is a previous video I created that doesn't have that problem, but I think I used a different computer. Any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHwBy0Q67I&feature=plcp

Thanks,
Chuck


Something is definitely off Chuck.

Obviously the tach input or connection is solid, I would imagine you are seeing those drops in the rpm data plot as well.

I believe the lack of number overlay in the first video is memory related. How much memory does the system have and do you have any other processes running at the same time?

On the second video it looks like your video and data are out of sync and the tach issue was present there as well, so I would imagine that the tach issue is hardware related.

Here are the minimal specs.
http://store.traqmate.com/System-Requirements-s/285.htm

Let us know.
Thanks
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

cfries3
Soapbox Derby
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: Error opening media file

Postby cfries3 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:42 pm

I am seeing exactly this same error as originally stated, but I'm using TraqStudio 3.40 on Windows 8.
Trying to load .mp4 file from GoPro HD Hero2.

Tried uninstall TraqStudio and DIVX and reinstall as described by Chuck, but I never saw the prompts re: DIVX mentioned above. It appears DIVX is not installed at this point. Is this an issue?

I still get the same error.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Chris

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Error opening media file

Postby Andre' Surles » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:00 am

cfries3 wrote:I am seeing exactly this same error as originally stated, but I'm using TraqStudio 3.40 on Windows 8.
Trying to load .mp4 file from GoPro HD Hero2.

Tried uninstall TraqStudio and DIVX and reinstall as described by Chuck, but I never saw the prompts re: DIVX mentioned above. It appears DIVX is not installed at this point. Is this an issue?

I still get the same error.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Chris


Chris,
Divx is not longer installed on version 3.40 so that shouldn't be the issue. We are checking on that issue, we haven't seen that before.

Can you play the video files on the system natively? It could be a missing codec on a codec conflict.

Thanks
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Error opening media file

Postby Andre' Surles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:18 am

Chris,
Also please try a reinstall again, it sounds as though something isn't getting installed correctly.
Thanks
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

cfries3
Soapbox Derby
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: Error opening media file

Postby cfries3 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Yes, the video plays fine in native Windows.

I will try the reinstall again and let you know what happens.

Chris


Return to “Video Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron