Sound Missing when Writing Video

This forum is specifically for people having problems viewing video in TraqStudio. Other TraqStudio issues are handled in the Traqmate Support Forum.
JoshuaBarnes
Pedal Cars

Sound Missing when Writing Video

Postby JoshuaBarnes » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:19 pm

This may be a very simular problem to the post written by TAI2, however I have already used that thread's instruction to uninstall everything "DivX" related as well as ffdshow, Haali media splitter and finally Traqstudio. I then downloaded traqstudio 3.0 and did the install clicking "next" to everything prompting. I also installed the older DivX versions that was part of the install and did not opt for the newer ones...

I still do not get sound when writing video. The sound is there in Traqstudio when I play the video and see the data, but after writing the video nothing.

I have done the uninstall twice, each time restarting my PC, which has the following attributes:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
64-bit OS
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.5GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Graphics Card: Intel GMA X4500 1695MB with G45/G43 Express Chipset

Here are the DivX, ffdshow, and TraqStudio versions after the install:
DivX Codec 6.9.1
DivX Converter 7.1.0
DivX Player 7.2.0
DivX Plus Web Player 2.0.0
DivX Setup 2.6.1.9
ffdshow [rev 3222][2010-01-23] 1.0.0.3222
TraqStudio V3.00

The video file I am using is from a GoPro Hero2 and is an MP4.

Please help...
Joshua
95 Supra Turbo
89 944 S3 SPO\SP3
72 911 RS ITR\D Stock
00 Boxster
09 LS 460
06 F250 PSD Harley

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Re: Sound Missing when Writing Video

Postby Andre' Surles » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:14 am

Try to output the video in another format and see if there is any sound. Please let us know.

I recommend .avi or .wmv

Thanks
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

JoshuaBarnes
Pedal Cars

Postby JoshuaBarnes » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 am

After I saved the gopro file to a windows media video file (.wmv) and brought that file into Traqstudio I was able to publish and the sound was there...

I would still like help to know what needs to be done so I do not have to go through the process of taking the gopro file and saving it to another format before I can use it. The PC I am using is fairly robust and it still takes close to an hour to save the gopro file to the windows media video file and then close to an hour to publish via TraqStudio. Most of my sessions are 25-30 minutes long and having to double the work/time is quite a bit of overhead...

Thanks,

Joshua
Joshua
95 Supra Turbo
89 944 S3 SPO\SP3
72 911 RS ITR\D Stock
00 Boxster
09 LS 460
06 F250 PSD Harley

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

JoshuaBarnes wrote:After I saved the gopro file to a windows media video file (.wmv) and brought that file into Traqstudio I was able to publish and the sound was there...

I would still like help to know what needs to be done so I do not have to go through the process of taking the gopro file and saving it to another format before I can use it. The PC I am using is fairly robust and it still takes close to an hour to save the gopro file to the windows media video file and then close to an hour to publish via TraqStudio. Most of my sessions are 25-30 minutes long and having to double the work/time is quite a bit of overhead...

Thanks,

Joshua

Joshua,
You shouldn't need to do any pre converting of the GoPro file at all. You can open it directly in TS and play it along with the data fine. When you go to write the video in TS, then you can select the output format at the top. That is where I would select .wmv or .avi rather than .mp4 if you are losing sound or getting tearing.

Please let us know if that helps with the sound.

As for processing time, the write will always take awhile and now that you don't need to pre-proccess the video that should cut that time out. If you really want to speed it up you've got to have a very serious machine, essentially a video editing machine. Lots of fast ram and a fast video card helps.
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Return to “Video Support”