TVVWrite Error when trying to create video w/data overlay

This forum is specifically for people having problems viewing video in TraqStudio. Other TraqStudio issues are handled in the Traqmate Support Forum.
sbarton
Semi-Pro

TVVWrite Error when trying to create video w/data overlay

Postby sbarton » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 am

WHen trying to write a video file I get an error:
TVVWrite

Cannot open input file.
AvWrite Returned:
CAnnot find decoder for codec ID 0
Header: 4FF10801

Profile 1:
frmrtq_postproc=7,bitrtq_postproc=31
LoopFilter=0, MultiRes=0, FastUVMC=0, Extended MV =0
Rangered=0, VSTransform=1, Overlap=0, SyncMarcker=0
DQuant=0, Quantizer mode=0, Max B frames=0

Error data 8 bits, value:0

Profile 1:

I have no problem watching the video in TrackStudio and it synchs fine to the data when fast forwarding and rewinding in TrackStudio.
But It won't create the video with data overlay.

-Scott
HPDE Track Events Schedule
Duct Tape Motorsports CrapCan Racing - Kicking ass in a piece of trash!

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Re: TVVWrite Error when trying to create video w/data overla

Postby Andre' Surles » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:07 pm

sbarton wrote:WHen trying to write a video file I get an error:
TVVWrite

Cannot open input file.
AvWrite Returned:
CAnnot find decoder for codec ID 0

Profile 1:

Profile 1:

I have no problem watching the video in TrackStudio and it synchs fine to the data when fast forwarding and rewinding in TrackStudio.
But It won't create the video with data overlay.

-Scott

Scott,
Have you ever had this issue before?

It looks like you have a video codec issue, I would recommend reinstalling TraqStudio and make sure you follow all the prompts. It is possible that you have another program that has installed different codecs on your machine and they are taking over the ones that TS installs.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.
Thanks
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

sbarton
Semi-Pro

Postby sbarton » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:35 am

How do I download TraqStudio 3.4?

sbarton
Semi-Pro

Postby sbarton » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 am

Reinstalled TS 3.0 and all codecs and still same error.

-Scott

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 am

TS 3.4 isn't released yet. We are still waiting on a driver signing certificate from Microsoft.

As for the issue:
Again, have you ever had success writing videos?

If so, have you added any software to your computer since then?

It is definitely a codec issue and those are difficult to figure out, I would answer the above to items and remove any new software that has been added if that is the case.
You can manually remove the Traqstudio video drivers in the system 'add/remove' programs. Divx, FFDShow and Haali Media Splitter are all installed.

Try all that, restart and reinstall.

Thanks
Team Traqmate

sbarton
Semi-Pro

Postby sbarton » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:10 pm

I have been able to create several videos before. Just never this long. His is 2 hours and 50 minutes of video (one stint in a 24 Hours of LeMons race). I did just add new video software AVS Video Editor so I can do Picture in Picture and the .wmv video file was created with that.
I did not uninstall TraqStudio or those codecs, I just reinstalled TS and the codecs. When it got to DivX I selected download latest instead of installing from disc. Could that be the problem?

Scott

sbarton
Semi-Pro

Postby sbarton » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 pm

OK, so I tried re-creating the video file in Windows Live Movie Maker (which is what I usually use) instead of the AVS Video Editor, and tried using the new movie in TraqStudio. Still same error.

So uninstalled AVS Video Editor, uninstalled TraqStudio, uninstalled all of the video codecs, rebooted, then re-installed TraqStudio and all of the codecs with it using the defaults, rebooted, and tried again and still got the same error. :(

I also tried using a shorter video, that was not edited by AVS Video Editor at all, and still get the same error.

-Scott

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:38 am

sbarton wrote:OK, so I tried re-creating the video file in Windows Live Movie Maker (which is what I usually use) instead of the AVS Video Editor, and tried using the new movie in TraqStudio. Still same error.

So uninstalled AVS Video Editor, uninstalled TraqStudio, uninstalled all of the video codecs, rebooted, then re-installed TraqStudio and all of the codecs with it using the defaults, rebooted, and tried again and still got the same error. :(

I also tried using a shorter video, that was not edited by AVS Video Editor at all, and still get the same error.

-Scott

Ok I see, you can't use edited video in TraqStudio.

It uses the original video time code in order for it to work with the data.

If your goal is to have video with overlays and edit it up you must first create the video with overlays in TraqStudio from the RAW video file. So just use the data and just the video right from the card.
Create the video with the laps you are interested in using Traqstudio. Once the video is created with the overlays from the RAW video and Data you can then put it in your editing software and cut it up. Note some created video does not work with certain video editing software packages...like IMovie. If that is the case then you will need to convert the created video using a conversion program. If the video is created in a ".mp4" for instance using TraqStudio you may still need to 'convert' it again to a ".mp4" or another format you like in order to get your editing software to recognize it.

Sorry for the inconvenience on this, TraqStudio isn't really designed as a video editing program, it is designed for data & video analysis and gives you the ability to create videos. For more elaborate options you may want to consider Dashware or RaceRender.

Hope this helps
Team Traqmate

sbarton
Semi-Pro

Postby sbarton » Thu May 02, 2013 9:21 am

Andre' Surles wrote:

If your goal is to have video with overlays and edit it up you must first create the video with overlays in TraqStudio from the RAW video file. So just use the data and just the video right from the card.
Create the video with the laps you are interested in using Traqstudio. Once the video is created with the overlays from the RAW video and Data you can then put it in your editing software and cut it up. Note some created video does not work with certain video editing software packages...like IMovie. If that is the case then you will need to convert the created video using a conversion program. If the video is created in a ".mp4" for instance using TraqStudio you may still need to 'convert' it again to a ".mp4" or another format you like in order to get your editing software to recognize it.

Sorry for the inconvenience on this, TraqStudio isn't really designed as a video editing program, it is designed for data & video analysis and gives you the ability to create videos. For more elaborate options you may want to consider Dashware or RaceRender.

Hope this helps
Team Traqmate

The original video is .MOV from Contour. I can't import that into TraqStudio. I'm pretty sure I've always had to convert it to .wmv first.

-Scott

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Thu May 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Try to just rename the .mov to .mp4 and see if that works.

Converted video usually works fine but edited video does not. I typically use the aiessoft mts converter and just select .mp4 as the output.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks
Team Traqmate

sbarton wrote:
Andre' Surles wrote:

Hope this helps
Team Traqmate

The original video is .MOV from Contour. I can't import that into TraqStudio. I'm pretty sure I've always had to convert it to .wmv first.

-Scott

sbarton
Semi-Pro

Postby sbarton » Thu May 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Andre' Surles wrote:Try to just rename the .mov to .mp4 and see if that works.

Tried it and I got another error:

TVVWrite

Cannot open input file.
AvWrite Returned:
Stream has unsupported codec type 2
ISO: File Type Major Brand: qt

TSError2.jpg
TVVWrite Error
TSError2.jpg (87.08 KiB) Viewed 5166 times

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 am

sbarton wrote:
Andre' Surles wrote:Try to just rename the .mov to .mp4 and see if that works.

Tried it and I got another error:

TVVWrite

Cannot open input file.
AvWrite Returned:
Stream has unsupported codec type 2
ISO: File Type Major Brand: qt

TSError2.jpg

Obviously there is a codec issue with the video or the conversion software you are using. If you want to try and post up the video to drop box and send an email to 'support@traqmate.com' that would help.

It looks like it tried to load the video since you can see it in the background which is good.

Thanks
Team Traqmate

ctbimmer
Pedal Cars

Postby ctbimmer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, I'm a bit late to the TraqStudio party.

My situation is I'm running TraqStudio 3.40 on a Mac under Parallels, with raw input from a GoPro Hero2. Playing around for the first time creating an overlay output from TraqStudio (speed, track map, etc.) for further processing within iMovie.

The first part of this works fine. I can select the laps, select the overlays, and it creates an MP4 file that I can view successfully with Windows Media Player.

However, the same MP4 file is not readable by iMovie nor the QuickTime player. I see a reference earlier in this thread to converting the MP4 that comes out of TraqStudio into something that the Mac programs can handle. Sigh, now what might some of those programs be?

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:21 am

ctbimmer wrote:Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, I'm a bit late to the TraqStudio party.

My situation is I'm running TraqStudio 3.40 on a Mac under Parallels, with raw input from a GoPro Hero2. Playing around for the first time creating an overlay output from TraqStudio (speed, track map, etc.) for further processing within iMovie.

The first part of this works fine. I can select the laps, select the overlays, and it creates an MP4 file that I can view successfully with Windows Media Player.

However, the same MP4 file is not readable by iMovie nor the QuickTime player. I see a reference earlier in this thread to converting the MP4 that comes out of TraqStudio into something that the Mac programs can handle. Sigh, now what might some of those programs be?

Yes the output from TraqStudio does not work correctly with iMovie and some editing programs. We have used this MTS converter, you can convert from .MP4 to .MP4 (yes I said that right, you are essentially fixing the broken header of the file that TraqStudio creates).
We are working on a solution to integrate RaceRender as out video output software.

http://www.aiseesoft.com/mts-converter.html

Return to “Video Support”