How to test auto video start after new installation?

This forum is specifically for people having problems viewing video in TraqStudio. Other TraqStudio issues are handled in the Traqmate Support Forum.
RussMcB
Pedal Cars
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 pm

How to test auto video start after new installation?

Postby RussMcB » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 pm

I've installed my new TraqDash and Replay. It seemed to go well, but a short, slow test drive in my driveway did not turn on the camera recording.

A wild guess: I need to be going xx MPH before the recording will start?

Please let me know if there is a procedure I can follow here at home to insure the auto-start feature is working before I head to the track.

Thank you!

Russ, Spec Miata, Marietta, GA

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: How to test auto video start after new installation?

Postby Andre' Surles » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 pm

RussMcB wrote:I've installed my new TraqDash and Replay. It seemed to go well, but a short, slow test drive in my driveway did not turn on the camera recording.

A wild guess: I need to be going xx MPH before the recording will start?

Please let me know if there is a procedure I can follow here at home to insure the auto-start feature is working before I head to the track.

Thank you!

Russ, Spec Miata, Marietta, GA


Russ,
Good question, we have a new feature in the TraqDash that allows you to test in your driveway without GPS. With the latest firmware loaded up on the TraqDash, go into the setup on the main screen and go to time/gps. You can then click to 'simulate gps' this will make the Traqmate think it has GPS. You can then go into drive mode and test the camera operation. It should turn on/start recording once the timing starts. When you power cycle the TraqDash the unit simulation mode will be back to normal.
Hope that helps.
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

RussMcB
Pedal Cars
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: How to test auto video start after new installation?

Postby RussMcB » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Thank you, Andre'. I think that helped me move forward, but I have still not been able to get the TraqDash to turn on the Replay camera.

Do you have step by step troubleshooting checks I can walk through to confirm settings and find out what part(s) I'm missing?

I know it's probably one silly little step, but I've been through all I could find and don't know what to try next.

Thanks for your help.

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: How to test auto video start after new installation?

Postby Andre' Surles » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:05 am

RussMcB wrote:Thank you, Andre'. I think that helped me move forward, but I have still not been able to get the TraqDash to turn on the Replay camera.

Do you have step by step troubleshooting checks I can walk through to confirm settings and find out what part(s) I'm missing?

I know it's probably one silly little step, but I've been through all I could find and don't know what to try next.

Thanks for your help.


Russ,
On the TraqDash go into vehicle settings and make sure the camera settings are set for the Replay.

Check the camera and make sure it turns on by itself. Hold down the front button to turn it on, it should power on, vibrate a few times and shut off.

Make sure the camera is charged.

Carefully insert the cable all the way in BEFORE you begin to screw on the replay cable, it must be fully seated.

Let us know if that helps.
Thanks
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

RussMcB
Pedal Cars
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: How to test auto video start after new installation?

Postby RussMcB » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:07 pm

Andre' Surles wrote:Russ,
On the TraqDash go into vehicle settings and make sure the camera settings are set for the Replay.

Check the camera and make sure it turns on by itself. Hold down the front button to turn it on, it should power on, vibrate a few times and shut off.

Make sure the camera is charged.

Carefully insert the cable all the way in BEFORE you begin to screw on the replay cable, it must be fully seated.

Let us know if that helps.
Thanks
Team Traqmate
Thank you for the suggestions. I've confirmed: The TraqDash is set for the Replay, The camera will power on, it is fully charged, and the cable is fully seated.

I noticed tonight that the camera icon on the TraqDash display is yellow. Does that indicate a problem? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it should be green (or check marked?).

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot.

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: How to test auto video start after new installation?

Postby Andre' Surles » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:30 am

RussMcB wrote:
Andre' Surles wrote:Russ,
On the TraqDash go into vehicle settings and make sure the camera settings are set for the Replay.

Check the camera and make sure it turns on by itself. Hold down the front button to turn it on, it should power on, vibrate a few times and shut off.

Make sure the camera is charged.

Carefully insert the cable all the way in BEFORE you begin to screw on the replay cable, it must be fully seated.

Let us know if that helps.
Thanks
Team Traqmate
Thank you for the suggestions. I've confirmed: The TraqDash is set for the Replay, The camera will power on, it is fully charged, and the cable is fully seated.

I noticed tonight that the camera icon on the TraqDash display is yellow. Does that indicate a problem? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it should be green (or check marked?).

Thank you for helping me troubleshoot.


We believe you have a bad replay cable and we are sending you a new one with a return request.
Thanks
Team Traqmate
Redline! Redline! Redline!

RussMcB
Pedal Cars
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: How to test auto video start after new installation?

Postby RussMcB » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Andre' Surles wrote:We believe you have a bad replay cable and we are sending you a new one with a return request.
Thanks
Team Traqmate
Thank you!

Package received. New cable installed and it works perfectly (in the garage, simulated GPS mode).

I'm still excited about a camera turning itself on (or rather, turned on by the TraqDash). A great feature. No more fumbling with it on the grid before heading on track. :-)

Thanks for the great support. Old cable is on its way back to you.


Return to “Video Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron