green screen in video creation

This forum is specifically for people having problems viewing video in TraqStudio. Other TraqStudio issues are handled in the Traqmate Support Forum.
derbartman
Soapbox Derby

green screen in video creation

Postby derbartman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 am

In video creation when I think most everything else is working I only see green in the video screen, and if I do a create with "start" I cant play the video regardless of format. They are always just 1KB.
Quick time gave me error 2002 : a bad public movie atom was found...

The source is a .mov from Mobius.

This is the first time I am trying to make a video - just got my system last week - have data from first track day since.

It appears I have direct X 11 installed.
running win 7 64

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Re: green screen in video creation

Postby Andre' Surles » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:15 am

derbartman wrote:In video creation when I think most everything else is working I only see green in the video screen, and if I do a create with "start" I cant play the video regardless of format. They are always just 1KB.
Quick time gave me error 2002 : a bad public movie atom was found...

The source is a .mov from Mobius.

This is the first time I am trying to make a video - just got my system last week - have data from first track day since.

It appears I have direct X 11 installed.
running win 7 64

It sounds like a video codec issue. Try reinstalling TraqStudio and see if there are any conflicting video editing software packages on the system.
Redline! Redline! Redline!

derbartman
Soapbox Derby

Postby derbartman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:05 pm

I performed a re-install - no change.
I did have blender on this PC but un-installed it before reinstalling traqview..
maybe I need a reboot too.. I didn't see any mention about vid codecs on install

derbartman
Soapbox Derby

Postby derbartman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:41 pm

I thought I had posted to this, but I don't see it now.

I had blender installed a few days back - uninstalled that for space.

I now re-installed traqview and still have same issue. I didn't see any mention of codec issues on install. I did a reset.
Its still green and writes a 1KB file regardless of the type I select.

Does this mean it doesn't like the mov even though it plays ok in the regular analysis part of the program?

tiresrus
Soapbox Derby

Postby tiresrus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:04 pm

Did this issue ever get resolved? I'm having the same problem. All latest software and firmware revs. Using Mobius camera. New machine with no third party software on it aside from VLC and Handbrake. When I had green screen, I converted to mpeg4, and I was able to generate a the video, but the sound then became a problem. It seems that it is playing at too high a speed and runs ahead of the video and data. Any suggestions? Thanks!

tiresrus
Soapbox Derby

Postby tiresrus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Had exactly the same issue. I transcoded the .mov file using handbrake to an mpeg4 format. That appeared to work and I had no green screen. Video creation was successful, but now I have a sound/sync issue. It seems that the sound is outpacing the video and data. Any help? Brand new windows 8.1 machine. The only additional software I've loaded is VLC and Handbrake for transcoding files.

Andre' Surles
Team Traqmate

Postby Andre' Surles » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:37 pm

We now have a solution!

The camera will need to be updated to change it's default recording type from MOV to AVI.

Here is a video on how to update the camera and how to change the video type.

https://youtu.be/P3US-z8cvj0
Redline! Redline! Redline!

Return to “Video Support”